At UoC, CONTESSA has been integrated into a pre-existing program. The below information outlines the details:
- Degree level: Bachelor’s degree
- Name of degree program:
- Course volume:
- Module 4+5: 4 credits as part of Teaching Practicum
- Module 5: 3 credits as part of ICT in Education
- Optional or compulsory: Compulsory (for both programs)
At UoC, CONTESSA will also be integrated into a new program. The below information outlines the details:
- Degree level: Postgraduate
- Name of degree program: Post Graduate Diploma in Education (Primary education specialization)
- Course volume: 3 credits
- Optional or compulsory: Compulsory for those who want to complete their PGDE with a primary education specialization.
- Description: The Professional Post Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) is the mandatory professional qualification for the graduate teachers recognized by the Ministry of Education. The recruitment of graduate teachers at the primary level is on the rise. Hence, this PGDE with the primary education specialization will be the first to be offered in the country. The CONTESSA modules will be accompanied by a research report and ten weeks of teaching practice in a primary school. Due to various periods of unrest in their country through the past four years of the project, including terrorist attacks in 2019 and political turmoil in 2022 as well as the COVID-19 pandemic, UoC was not able to finalize the accreditation process during the project’s lifetime.